Paid Intern Position - Video editor for Education Robot
We’re a passionate start-up team of parents, engineers and educators who want to change the way the world learns. Norby takes the dull task of learning English and Math and transforms it into a fun and engaging game.
You can find us here:
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
After 3 years of research and development, we’re finally preparing Norby for the launch of our crowdfunding campaign at the end of October, so we’re on the hunt for an exceptional video editor with a strong eye for creating stunning content to keep children engaged.
The types of videos we want to produce include:
- Footage of kids interacting with Norby.
- Talking head footage of our CEO.
- Footage of the Norby talking to camera.
- Interviews with parents and kids.
- Social media edits (i.e. 30 to 90 seconds edits of existing footage for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Longer form videos for our YouTube channel.
- Taking raw footage and turning it into an engaging finished product. This means selecting the right b-roll, colour grading, audio clean-up, post production effects and so on.
And here’s what you’ll get out of it:
- Gain meaningful, real-world experience
- Work in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Help build a robot :-)
- Based in Melbourne, Australia (Our office is in Windsor)
- Strong proficiency in the premiere is a must.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (particularly After Effects) is a bonus.
- Strong eye for detail and creating engaging content
- Creative flexibility
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
You’ll start on the 28th of October and the internship will conclude at the end of the year.
HOURS REQUIRED PER WEEK (THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP)
We understand you have a busy schedule with uni so the hours are flexible and depend on your classes, course requirements and availability. Full time is preferable but we’re happy to figure out a schedule that works for all of us.
THE LONG TERM
It’s cool if you’re not with us forever, but we’d love someone who will work hard and produce excellent results for the time you’re working with us. We know you’ll pick up some awesome new skills and knowledge regardless. But if you love us and we love you there is the possibility for a continuation of work.
We’re building an amazing team here at Norby and if you think you’ll be a perfect fit, please email email@example.com with:
1) Your cover letter
2) A three-minute video explaining why this role will be a meaningful step in crafting your future and how you can help us.
3) A portfolio containing examples of your own work
Applications close the 23rd of October, we can’t wait to hear from you!