Paid Intern Position - 2D illustrator for Education Robot
We’re a passionate start-up team of parents, engineers and educators who want to change the way the world learns. Norby takes the dull task of learning English and Math and transforms it into a fun and engaging game.
You can find us here:
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
After 3 years of research and development, we’re finally preparing Norby for the launch of our crowdfunding campaign at the end of October, so we’re on the hunt for an exceptional illustrator with a strong eye for creating stunning content to keep children engaged.
Here’s what will be involved:
- Creating art in various styles - starting at concept to completed work to be implemented into an animated story book.
- Formatting illustrations correctly to meet the brief’s requirements.
- Creating character concepts, environments and backgrounds.
- Active involvement in creation process by interacting with our team
- Effectively contributing to the art pipeline while understanding our target audience.
- Meeting deadlines and milestones.
And here’s what you’ll get out of it:
- Gain meaningful, real-world experience
- Work in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Help build a robot :-)
- Based in Melbourne, Australia (Our office is in Windsor)
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite
- Strong eye for detail and creating engaging content
- Creative flexibility
- 2D animation knowledge is a bonus but not necessary.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
You’ll start on the 28th of October and the internship will conclude at the end of the year.
HOURS REQUIRED PER WEEK (THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP)
We understand you have a busy schedule with uni so the hours are flexible and depend on your classes, course requirements and availability. Full time is preferable but we’re happy to figure out a schedule that works for all of us.
THE LONG TERM
It’s cool if you’re not with us forever, but we’d love someone who will work hard and produce excellent results for the time you’re working with us. We know you’ll pick up some awesome new skills and knowledge regardless. But if you love us and we love you there is the possibility for a continuation of work.
We’re building an amazing team here at Norby and if you think you’ll be a perfect fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1) Your cover letter
2) A three-minute video explaining why this role will be a meaningful step in crafting your future and how you can help us.
3) A portfolio containing examples of your own work
Applications close the 23rd of October, we can’t wait to hear from you!